Building a company costs both time and energy. When you have established something you can be proud of, it’s important to protect what is rightfully yours. Intellectual property rights are like any other property right: they allow creators, or owners, of patents, trademarks or copyrighted works to benefit from their own work or investment in a creation. On the 28th of March, Gulliver, V.O. Patents & Trademarks, HUBspot, Rabobank, OV BSP, Gemeente Leiden, RVO, InnovationQuarter and HollandBIO give you the opportunity to learn everything you need to know to successfully protect your business.
During the event, which will be organised in HUBspot (Leiden’s centre for innovation and entrepreneurship), you will have the opportunity to take part in several workshops.
• Do you want to know more about building a brand? #thereisaworkshopforthat! Sign up for the workshop on branding hosted by Abcor.
• Are you interested to learn more about copyright and what you can or can’t do with texts or images you find online or what you need to think of when hiring somebody to make copyright protected work for you? Sign up for the workshop on copyrights by Visser, Schaap & Krijger!
• Do you collaborate with knowledge institutes or do you want to know how to get access to IP created by researchers? Get involved in the workshop on Technology Transfer by Luris.
• Have you decided that your innovation requires protecting with a patent? Deciding what part of your innovation to protect under this patent is a crucial and difficult step. Join the workshop on IP strategy by V.O!
• Is your company protecting it’s inventions through patents and do you want to know more about the basics of the patent system? Sign up for the workshop on the basic principles of intellectual property rights by the Netherlands Patent Office (RVO).
The workshop sessions will be followed by a short break, during which you have the opportunity to network with fellow entrepreneurs and peers from other companies and institutes. Finger food and drinks will be provided for. In the second part of the event, two interesting speakers will share their experience with protecting their businesses. The day will be concluded with a panel discussion with renowned players from the life science industry.
Workshop series by the Netherlands Patent Office (RVO)
The workshop on the basics of patents by RVO, will be the first one of a series of workshops. During the follow-up workshops, hosted by BioPartner Center Leiden, you’ll have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge on several aspects of using patent information and protecting your business with patents. These workshops are part of the standard series RVO organises throughout the country, but this series is the only one that will be held in English and with a focus on life sciences.
The following workshops are part of this series:
• Searching in patent databases
• Masterclass patents
• Clever utilisation of knowledge during collaborations
• Intellectual property strategies for SMEs
More information on the workshops can be found on the website of Gulliver where you can sign up for both the event and all RVO workshops together. Don’t waste time with signing up, because space for the follow-up workshops is limited!
Event date: 28 March 2018
Event location: HUBspot, Langegracht 70, Leiden
Start time: 15:30 h (doors open: 15:00 h)
End time: 21:00 h
Sign up for free here!
Follow up workshops by RVO
Thursdays between 13:30 and 17:00 h
Dates: 19 April, 26 April, 17 May, 7 June
Location: BioPartner 1, J.H. Oortweg 21, Leiden
Workshops will be followed by networking drinks and on 7 June the yearly BioPartner barbecue!
Sign up for free here!